The ‘#futureworkchallenge’ competition (hereinafter referred to as the ‘competition’) is being held in the run-up to the European conference on labour research ‘beyondwork2020’. The competition is being organised by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). The competition is open to teens and young adults from Germany, the member states of the European Union, Norway, Switzerland and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, who are called on to post their entries in the form of a photo or video file on the social media platform Instagram so that they can be judged.
The following terms and conditions apply to anyone entering the competition:
Section 1 Eligibility to enter
- The competition is open to individuals aged between 13 and 29. Entrants must live in the Federal Republic of Germany, another member state of the European Union, Norway, Switzerland or the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. By agreeing to these terms and conditions of entry, entrants declare that they meet these requirements.
- Entrants may submit multiple entries, but each entrant is only entitled to win a maximum of one prize. Multiple prizes will not be awarded (refer also to Section 4 (2) for more on this).
- There is no entitlement to enter the competition.
- Employees of the Ministry of Education and Research and employees of any service providers involved in the competition may not enter the competition.
Section 2 Submission of entries
- Individuals need to submit their entries via their own Instagram account or alternatively via email. It is also possible to get others involved in an entry provided that any such parties agree to the entry being submitted and published. The person whose Instagram account has been used to submit the entry will, however, be deemed to be the party who has entered the competition (refer also to Section 4 (2) for more on this).
- Entries that are submitted via other channels or in forms or formats other than those listed here as being acceptable will not be entered into the competition. The organiser hereby reserves the right to waive this provision in exceptional cases where there is a justifiable reason for an entry to have been submitted via a different channel. The organiser and/or the service providers tasked with running the competition by the organiser will be responsible for checking any such reasons and making a final decision here.
If others are involved in creating an entry, the entrant also confirms that such parties have given their consent for the entry to be posted when they upload the entry and use the hashtag #futureworkchallenge. In the case of minors, confirmation is also provided that they have been given the consent of their parent or guardian (or other legal representative).
Whoever does not want to share the competition entry on their Instagram account or whoever does not have an Instagram account may also be able to send their competition entry via email to the beyondwork2020 contact office: firstname.lastname@example.org. The submitter declares their agreement that the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) may publish the competition entry on their own Instagram account and possibly tag the name. The BMBF reserves the right to not publish competition entries if they incite or glorify criminal activity and/or violence and/or include racist, sexist, pornographic or hateful content.
- The organiser reserves the right to disqualify entries from the competition if it comes to their attention that the consent required under point (3) has not been given.
- When taking part via Instgram, all entries must remain online until 30 November 2020 and it must still be possible to find them at that point (i.e. they need to be posted on the entrant’s account rather than shared as an Instagram Story). In addition, the entry itself or the accompanying caption must include a brief explanation of what is being portrayed in the entry (one or two sentences totalling no more than 250 characters including spaces) in German or English.
An entry sent via email, must be received by the latest 30 September 2020, 11:59 PM, German time (Central European Standard Time). Please also add a short description or explanation of your chosen occupation that does not exceed 250 characters including spaces in your email. Please also send us your Instagram name if you have an account.
All competition entries, along with the Instagram account name, will be shown on a social media wall on the competition website (www.beyondwork2020.com/challenge) until 31 March 2021 at the latest provided that the entrants have not deleted their entries from their Instagram accounts before this date.
The entrants who have been chosen by the judging panel as finalists will be informed via a direct message on Instagram, or respectively via email. The following personal details will then be required for the allocation of prizes and notification of winners as well as for any queries:
- Full name
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Permission to be contacted by the press
If an entry is named as a winning entry by the judging panel, the entrant hereby agrees to a film crew visiting them and filming a related video featuring the entrant (refer also to Section 6 (1) for more on this).
Section 3 Disqualification from the competition
- The organiser hereby reserves the right to disqualify entrants from the competition if they:
- are found to be in breach of the terms and conditions of entry,
- try to disrupt or manipulate the competition in any way,
- try to gain a competitive advantage using unauthorised means.
- The organiser hereby reserves the right to disqualify entries from the competition if they:
- are found to be in breach of the rights of third parties (e.g. copyright and privacy rights),
- incite criminal activity and/or violence or glorify criminal activity and/or violence,
- include racist, sexist, pornographic or hateful content.
Section 4 Prizes
- All the finalists will also be invited to attend the award ceremony in Bonn on 20 October 2020. They will receive an email inviting them to this event and providing all the necessary details (refer also to Section 2 (5) for more on this).
- A judging panel made up of experts will decide upon the top entries after the competition closing date. Each entrant, i.e. the person whose Instagram account was used to submit an entry, or respectively the forwarder of the email with of entry, is entitled to win a maximum of one of the prizes listed below. Multiple prizes will not be awarded.
The entrants coming in first to tenth place will be awarded a non-cash prize. Prizes will be awarded at the award ceremony. If a winner is not able to attend the award ceremony, their prize will be sent to the address specified by them.
- If a winner’s email address or address is found to be incorrect and it is therefore not possible to invite them to the award ceremony or send them their prize, they forfeit their entitlement to the prize. A cash alternative to the prizes is not available.
Section 5 Competition period and closing date
Entries can be submitted via Instagram as soon as the entrant becomes aware of the competition. The closing date for the competition is 23:59 German time (CEST) on 30 September 2020. The organiser hereby reserves the right to extend the closing date if required. If the closing date is extended, this will be announced on the competition website. Entries submitted after the advertised closing date will not be accepted in the competition.
Section 6 Usage rights
- Entries and videos of the winners will be used at the conference and in the press and media (online and offline). All entries submitted will be published as part of the online communications for the European conference on labour research beyondwork2020 and the Ministry of Education and Research. This means they may appear on the relevant websites and the following social media channels:
Each entrant hereby grants the organiser non-exclusive copyright and other usage rights to the content created in relation to all types of usage with no restrictions on content, location or time. The entrant’s account name will be published with all entries.
- Entrants can withdraw their consent for their entries to be published at any time. They just need to put this in writing by sending an email to: email@example.com.
Section 7 Data protection
- The personal data specified in Section 2 is collected on the basis of consent as per Section 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR for the purpose of competition entry. This data is processed and stored by familie redlich AG and informedia GmbH Multimediaagentur as service providers commissioned by the BMBF. This data will be used solely to allow for competition entry and the notification of winners as well as for any other purposes specified to which consent has expressly been given by entrants.
- Photo and video entries will be posted on the competition website until 31 March 2021 and will be accessible there until that date.
All other data will be deleted when the competition has ended – at the latest by the point at which winners have been notified and the prizes have been allocated and legal, statutory or contractual data storage periods have come to an end. Please also refer to the privacy statement at:
Section 8 Changes to the terms and conditions of entry/(early) closing of the competition
- The organiser is entitled to unilaterally amend these terms and conditions of entry if such changes are required to fit in with changes to legal conditions or circumstantial constraints.
- The organiser has the right to cancel or postpone the competition due to force majeure (including a pandemic) or owing to other reasons beyond their control. Claims for damages of any kind made by individuals or groups of people entering the competition, or by their parents or guardians (or other legal representatives), as a result of the competition being cancelled or postponed are hereby excluded.
Section 9 Liability
- The organiser shall not be liable for any damage caused by entrants before, during or after the production, taking or recording of their competition entry.
- The organiser shall not be liable for any damage to property or personal injury that may arise at the award ceremony other than in the case of gross misconduct on the part of the organiser or one of their commissioned service providers. Liability on account of culpable injury, damage to health or loss of life as stated by law shall not be affected.
§ 10 Final provisions
If any of the terms and conditions of entry are found to be invalid, the validity of the remaining provisions shall remain unaffected.
Competition organiser and contact details
Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)
Division 521 – Future of Work and Value Creation; Industrie 4.0
The following service providers are involved in running the competition:
familie redlich AG – Agentur für Marken und Kommunikation
beyondwork2020 contact office
Tel.: +49 30 818777-143